Bump Python 2 Master
|1 year ago|
|.github||4 years ago|
|resources||1 year ago|
|.codacy.yaml||4 years ago|
|.gitignore||8 years ago|
|CONTRIBUTING.md||6 years ago|
|LICENSE||8 years ago|
|LICENSE.txt||8 years ago|
|README.md||1 year ago|
|addon.xml||1 year ago|
|changelog.txt||1 year ago|
|contextmenu.py||4 years ago|
|default.py||3 years ago|
|fanart.jpg||8 years ago|
|icon.png||7 years ago|
|service.py||5 years ago|
|themoviedb.png||6 years ago|
Combine the best frontend media player Kodi with the best multimedia backend server Plex
PKC synchronizes your media from your Plex server to the native Kodi database. Hence:
- Use virtually any other Kodi add-on
- Use any Kodi skin, completely customize Kodi's look
- Browse your media very fluently (cached artwork)
- Automatically get additional artwork (more than Plex offers)
- Use Plex features with a Kodi interface
Have a look at some screenshots to see what's possible.
Update Your PKC Repo to Receive Updates!
- Download and Installation
- PKC Features
- Additional Artwork
- Request a New Feature
- Issues and Bugs
Download and Installation
Using the Kodi file manager, add https://croneter.github.io/pkc-source as a new Kodi
Web server directory (HTTPS) source, then install the PlexKodiConnect repository from this new source "from ZIP file". See the github wiki installation manual for a detailed guide. Kodi will update PKC automatically.
Use at your own risk! This plugin assumes that you manage all your videos with Plex (and none with Kodi). You might lose data already stored in the Kodi video and music databases as this plugin directly changes them. Don't worry if you want Plex to manage all your media (like you should ;-)).
Some people argue that PKC is 'hacky' because of the way it directly accesses the Kodi database. See here for a more thorough discussion.
- Support for Kodi 18 Leia and Kodi 19 Matrix
- Preliminary support for Kodi 20 Nexus. Keep in mind that development for Kodi Nexus has not even officially reached alpha stage - any issues you encounter are probably caused by that
- Skip intros
- Amazon Alexa voice recognition
- Cinema Trailers & Extras
- Plex Watch Later / Plex It!
- Plex Companion: fling Plex media (or anything else) from other Plex devices to PlexKodiConnect
- Automatically sync Plex playlists to Kodi playlists and vice-versa
- Plex Transcoding
- Automatically download more artwork from Fanart.tv, just like the Kodi addon Artwork Downloader
- Automatically group movies into movie sets
- Direct play from network paths (e.g. "\\server\Plex\movie.mkv"), something unique to PKC
- Delete PMS items from the Kodi context menu
- PKC is available in the following languages. Please help and easily translate PKC!
- Czech, thanks @Pavuucek
- Spanish, thanks @bartolomesoriano, @danichispa
- Danish, thanks @FIGHT
- Italian, thanks @nikkux, @chicco83
- Dutch, thanks @mvanbaak
- French, thanks @lflforce, @ahivert, @Nox71, @CotzaDev, @vinch100, @Polymorph31, @jbnitro, @Elixir59
- Chinese Traditional, thanks @old2tan
- Chinese Simplified, thanks @everdream
- Norwegian, thanks @mjorud
- Portuguese, thanks @goncalo532
- Russian, thanks @UncleStark
- Hungarian, thanks @savage93
- Ukrainian, thanks @uniss
- Lithuanian, thanks @egidusm
- Korean, thanks @so-o-bima
PKC uses additional artwork for free from TheMovieDB. Many thanks for lettings us use the API, guys!
I'm not in any way affiliated with Plex. Thank you very much for a small donation via ko-fi.com and PayPal, Bitcoin or Ether if you appreciate PKC.
Full disclaimer: I will see your name and address if you use PayPal. Rest assured that I will not share this with anyone.
Ethereum address for donations:
Bitcoin address for donations:
Request a New Feature
Issues and Bugs
- PlexKodiConnect shamelessly uses pretty much all the code of "Emby for Kodi" by the awesome Emby team (see https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby). Thanks for sharing guys!!
- Plex Companion ("PlexBMC Helper") and other stuff were adapted from @Hippojay 's great work (see https://github.com/hippojay).
- The foundation of the Plex API is all iBaa's work (https://github.com/iBaa/PlexConnect).